The sluggish cooker does ALL of the work on this Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie, so it’s good for households on busy nights. If you’re in search of extra sluggish cooker recipes, try Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken, Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili, and this Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs.
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie?
- Prepare greens and seasonings: Add chopped carrots, celery, purple potatoes, onion, garlic, dried thyme, salt and rooster inventory to the sluggish cooker.
- Cook the rooster breasts: Layer rooster breasts on prime and let the combination cook dinner for 4 hours.
- Shred rooster: Using a fork or beaters shred your rooster within the crock pot.
- Whisk collectively: heavy cream, melted butter, and flour in a small bowl. Add the combination together with the shredded rooster again to the sluggish cooker.
- Cook within the sluggish cooker: Cook one other 45 minutes to an hour or till the filling has thickened.
- Bake the biscuits: While the rooster pot pie filling thickens, bake the biscuits within the oven.
- Serve: Spoon the filling into bowls and prime with flaky biscuits.
Can I exploit rooster thighs instead of breasts on this recipe?
Can I exploit milk or half and half as an alternative of cream?
Can I add completely different greens??
What sides can I make with Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie?
- Strawberry, Apple and Pear Salad with Apple Cider Poppy Seed Dressing
- Christmas Fruit Salad
- Bacon Pear Gorgonzola Salad
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie is creamy, hearty and addictively scrumptious. It’s filled with tender rooster, crisp veggies, a sauce that may depart you coming again or extra, and buttery store-bought biscuits. Perfect for chilly and busy winter weeknights!
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups quartered child purple potatoes
- 1 giant garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/Four lbs boneless, skinless rooster breasts (about three medium breasts)
- 1 1/Four cups low-sodium rooster inventory
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/Four tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/Four tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/three cup all-purpose flour
- 1 eight ct. bundle southern-style biscuits
- 1 cup frozen child peas
Add onion, carrots, celery, potatoes, 1 tsp salt, thyme, bay leaf and rooster inventory to the sluggish cooker. Stir to mix. Season rooster a bit bit on each side with salt and pepper. Nestle the rooster breasts within the veggie combination. Turn the sluggish cooker on low and cook dinner for Four hours.
After Four hours, take the rooster out and shred. Put pack into the pot.
Add the butter and cream to a liquid measuring cup. Microwave in 30-second increments till the butter has melted and the cream is heat. Slowly whisk within the flour. Add butter cream, and flour combination again to the sluggish cooker together with remaining salt. Stir to mix. Cover and cook dinner one other 45 minutes to an hour till combination has thickened and veggies are tender.
After you set the flour and cream combination again into the sluggish cooker, preheat oven to 375 levels, Cook biscuits in line with bundle directions.
After the combination has thickened, add frozen peas. Stir to mix and cook dinner one other 4-5 minutes till peas are thawed. Season combination with salt and pepper.
Spoon filling into bowls. Place biscuits on prime. Serve.