Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder is loaded with tender hen, candy corn, contemporary tomatoes, a kick of spice seasonings all simmered in a creamy, cheese mix that is really easy to make! It has simply sufficient of a kick to it and the flavour is unimaginable.
This will probably be the most effective chowders that you’ll eat! If you’re keen on chowder as a lot as we do do that Best Ever Creamy Clam Chowder, Delicious Corn Chowder and revel in Homemade Cornbread on the aspect.
Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
I’m loving fall and all issues cooler temperatures carry on and that’s making this Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder.
This chowder is considered one of favorites due to all of the flavors and the way straightforward it’s to make.
It is a thick, wealthy and has a kick of spice chowder that may heat your loved ones up this fall season.
The flavors all mix collectively so nicely and is a Mexican favourite in our dwelling.
We love all issues chowder, soup and heat as soon as the climate begins to chill down.
This is a MUST make chowder that’s fast and simple to make plus loaded with all of the Mexican flavors!
What you must make Mexican hen corn chowder
One of the very best components about this recipe is that it’s extremely straightforward to make!
You actually simply dump in just a few cans and add some cheese and half and half and let it simmer.
I additionally used rotisserie hen which made this recipe even simpler to make. It got here collectively inside 5 minutes.
As quickly as I took my first chew I used to be blown away! It was unbelievable!
- Butter: begin by melting the butter to make a roux.
- Onion: sauté the onion to make tender and add a crunchy texture and candy flavoring.
- Jalapeño pepper: a little bit of a kick and bear in mind to put on gloves!
- Garlic cloves: added garlic taste. If wanted you’ll be able to substitute for garlic powder.
- Cumin: a nutty flavoring however provides a refined spicy style.
- Chicken broth: provides in additional flavoring and soup base.
- Half and half cream: makes the chowder thick, wealthy and creamy.
- Mexican mix cheese: shredded from a bag or thinly shredded.
- Cream model corn: this makes your chowder further creamy!
- Green chilies: has a spicy taste to them. You can use delicate chilies or leaving them out for youths.
- Tomatoes diced: tremendous easy to empty and dump within the chowder.
- Chicken: hen breast works nice and even utilizing a rotisserie hen to save lots of on time.
- Salt and pepper: to style!
- Tabasco sauce: for a little bit extra added warmth!
How to make Mexican hen corn chowder
- Making the roux: In a big pot or dutch oven add the butter and soften over medium excessive warmth. Add onion, jalapeños, and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes till tender. Add the cumin. Add the broth and convey to a boil.
- Add in substances: Reduce the warmth to low and add within the cream, shredded cheese, cream-style corm, inexperienced chilis, diced tomatoes, and hen. Cook till the cheese has melted and all substances are heated by way of.
- Serve sizzling and revel in: Season with salt, pepper, tabasco sauce, and high with favourite toppings.
Don’t overlook your toppings
My favourite half was having the ability to high it with my favourite toppings.
You may also crumble some cotija on high and add some cilantro, diced avocado, or no matter your coronary heart wishes.
Our complete household cherished this soup and I do know that you’ll too.
It is the proper soup for a cold day and you’ll make it repeatedly!
- Shredded jalapeño cheese
- Tortilla strips
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Fresh diced tomatoes
- Green onion
- Bacon items
What sort of Corn is finest?
- Fresh or do-it-yourself: that is normally my first selection however to make it easy canned works simply as nice.
- Frozen: normally frozen corn doesn’t maintain up that nicely within the chowder and when reheating it breaks aside and turns into mushy. If you favor frozen guarantee that it’s thawed earlier than including it to the chowder.
- Canned: make it straightforward on you and dump a can within the chowder for a fast and simple recipe.
Tips for making Mexican hen corn chowder
- Make positive to put on gloves when reducing your jalapeño up.
- If you want a little bit extra hearty and thick soup strive including an additional can or contemporary lower of standard corn kernels in for extra chunkier chowder.
- Add in additional greens like bell peppers, carrots or celery to the chowder.
- To save time, use a rotisserie hen and shred it for the hen.
- Black beans and rice are additionally an effective way so as to add in a Mexican spin to your chowder.
- To thicken your chowder add in cream cheese or heavy cream as an alternative of half and half.
- For thinner soup add in milk or extra hen broth.
Storing Mexican hen corn chowder
- Making forward: this can be a nice chowder that you would be able to make forward and even throughout the day and let it sit heat on the range high.
- Refrigerator: after you make it, cool fully and retailer in an hermetic container. It will final for about 5 days within the fridge.
- Frozen: it’s not finest to freeze corn chowder however it may be achieved. The texture of the chowder could also be mushy or change when frozen. Cook your chowder and let it quiet down fully. Store in an hermetic ziplock baggie for about 1 month within the freezer. Let thaw within the fridge earlier than warming up.
- Warming up: when able to heat up place your Mexican hen corn chowder in a pot over the range high and heat up slowly, stirring sometimes. For a faster manner of warming up, place a bowl full in a microwavable protected dish and microwave in increments of 1 to 2 minutes stirring in-between till it’s sizzling. Serve and revel in!
More Mexican soup recipes
- Crockpot Taco Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup
- Creamy Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder is creamy, tacky and really easy to make! It has simply sufficient of a kick to it and the flavour is unimaginable. This will probably be the most effective chowders that you’ll eat!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- Three garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 half of teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup hen broth
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 2 cups shredded Mexican mix cheese (or 2 cups cheddar cheese)
- 1 (14 ounce can) cream-style corn
- 1 (four ounce) can diced inexperienced chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups hen (chopped and cooked, I used rotisserie)
- salt and pepper to style
- Tabasco sauce (if desired for extra of a kick)
- In a big pot or dutch oven add the butter and soften over medium excessive warmth. Add onion, jalapeño, and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes till tender. Add the cumin. Add the broth and convey to a boil.
- Reduce the warmth to low and add within the cream, shredded cheese, cream- model corm, inexperienced chilis, diced tomatoes, and hen. Cook till the cheese has melted and all substances are heated by way of.
- Season with salt, pepper, tabasco sauce, and high with favourite toppings.
Updated on October 3, 2019
Original put up on October 6, 2016