Honey Lime Shrimp is a scrumptious candy and tangy shrimp that might be in your desk in simply 30 minutes! Simple and flavorful!
Shrimp is a favourite in our house! If you like a fast and simple one skillet shrimp dinner do that Sticky Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp, Brown Butter Spicy Garlic Shrimp, Sticky Sesame Garlic Shrimp or Cajun Garlic Butter Shrimp.
Honey Lime Shrimp
School is sort of right here and I would like meals which can be fast, easy, a great deal of taste and one that can maintain my older boys full and glad! That is quite a bit to ask in a single meal however I do know this Honey Lime Shrimp can do the trick!
So easy to make and simple prepping beforehand. I like that shrimp solely take a couple of minutes to prepare dinner on either side. We like so as to add white rice, pasta or mashed potatoes to associate with this to make this a whole meal.
This Honey Lime Shrimp doesn’t appear like a lot nevertheless it has all the flavour your tastebuds will love, gentle seafood really feel in your stomach however filling to make you glad after a pleasant dinner collectively. Don’t underestimate this fast and easy meal!
How to make honey lime shrimp
- Add: Shrimp and all marinade components into a big ziplock bag. Press as a lot air out of the bag as attainable.
- Refrigerate: Chill within the fridge for 25 minutes. Flipping the bag a few times throughout that point.
- Cook: Shrimp might be cooked over medium-high warmth in a big pan. Flip the shrimp as they flip pink. Cook about Four to five minutes complete.
- Serve: You can serve this with rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.
What you have to make honey lime shrimp
- Shrimp: a pound of huge shrimp that’s peeled and deveined.
To make the marinade:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Limes: the juice of the lime
- Cracked black pepper
- Chili powder
- White rice: optionally available
How lengthy does it take to prepare dinner shrimp?
When the shrimp are now not pink in coloration and is taking over extra of an opaque white coloration, is after I would contemplate them achieved. You do need to control how white they do get and guarantee they don’t overcook.
Keeping an eye fixed on dimension discount within the shrimp as nicely is a good way to observe how “achieved” your shrimp are getting. I like to go away the tails on the shrimp when cooking them. It does add additional taste; nevertheless, when you choose to peel the entire shrimp or buy them that approach, that’s effective too.
What is the very best shrimp to make use of?
The commonest kinds of shrimp present in markets are pink or white shrimp, each are nice to make use of on this recipe.
Make positive to pick a big shrimp, search for 16 to 20 rely (or items) per pound. This will make sure that the shrimp doesn’t overcook shortly when sauteed.
Large dimension shrimp additionally offers a pleasant two-bite piece for a heartier entree. Feel free to take away the tails to make it simpler to eat.
Can you utilize frozen shrimp?
Frozen shrimp can be used, run them below cool water till the ice melts, or defrost them the night time earlier than and drain nicely.
Can you marinate the shrimp longer
Yes! The longer it marinades the extra taste the shrimp may have. I’d suggest as much as 24 hours although. Any longer will finally destroy your shrimp.
Can you make this forward of time?
Yes! I like this recipe and making this forward of time for these busy weeknight meals. It can be nice for meal prep. Simply make the marinade and put the shrimp within the marinade. When able to prepare dinner place the shrimp in a skillet and prepare dinner every shrimp 2-Three minutes on either side.
Need extra shrimp recipes?! Try these!
- Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta
- Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe (w/Lemon and Garlic)
- Easy Shrimp Tacos
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- Grilled Lemon Garlic butter Shrimp with Vegetables
- Creamy Tuscan Garlic Shrimp
Honey Lime Shrimp
Delicious candy and tangy shrimp that might be in your desk in simply 30 minutes!
- 1/2-1 pound giant shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1/Four cup additional virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- juice of two limes
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- half teaspoon salt
- 1/Four teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/Four teaspoon chili powder
- optionally available: cooked white rice
Add shrimp and all marinade components to a big ziplock bag. Press as a lot air out of the bag as attainable.
Chill 25 minutes, flipping the bag a few times all through.
Cook shrimp over medium-high warmth in a big pan.
Stir although out, ensuring to flip the shrimp as they flip pink.
Cook 4-5 minutes complete. Serve over rice if desired. Enjoy!