- A radio host mentioned she contemplated suicide after a prank name to Kate Middleton’s nurse took a tragic flip.
- In 2012, Mel Greig and her 2Day FM cohost Michael Christian referred to as the hospital the place Kate was being handled for morning illness and impersonated the Queen and Prince Philip.
- The nurse who took the decision died by suicide a number of days later.
- Greig instructed a UK morning discuss present on Monday that within the months afterward, she “contemplated whether or not I ought to nonetheless be right here.”
- However, she mentioned, she “got here to a conclusion that it was completely not the reply for me, and it ought to by no means be the reply for anyone.”
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
An Australian radio host mentioned she contemplated suicide after a prank name to Kate Middleton’s maternity ward in 2012 went tragically improper.
The Duchess of Cambridge ended up within the hospital with excessive morning illness whereas she was pregnant with Prince George.
In what was meant as a innocent joke, Mel Greig and her 2Day FM cohost Michael Christian referred to as the ward the place she was being handled and impersonated the Queen and Prince Philip.
A couple of days later, Jacintha Saldanha, the nurse who took the decision and transferred the pair to Kate’s room, died by suicide.
Speaking on the UK morning talk show “This Morning” on Monday, Greig mentioned she “actually confronted the battle to avoid wasting my very own life” after Saldanha’s dying.
“It’s been arduous to stay. There was a degree about six months after the prank name the place I contemplated whether or not I ought to nonetheless be right here,” she mentioned.
“The guilt that I felt for what occurred and the trolling that I used to be going by means of — I used to be in isolation, and folks have been repeatedly telling me, ‘Go kill your self,’ , ‘You do not need to be alive.’
“So I did actually face the battle to avoid wasting my very own life,” she went on, including, “I got here to a conclusion that it was completely not the reply for me, and it ought to by no means be the reply for anyone.”
Greig mentioned that she was at her lowest when she was instructed that Saldanha, 46, had youngsters.
“There was a second after that, for six hours, I do not bear in mind,” Greig mentioned on Monday. “I used to be, like, hovering, wanting down at myself, not recognizing me. And I might see myself standing on the balcony and my associate holding me again, and I could not comprehend what was occurring.”
She mentioned she did not discover closure till she lastly met Saldanha’s two youngsters at her inquest, the place the coroner confirmed that Saldanha had died by suicide and that the prank name was a consider her dying.
Greig mentioned that she wrote her will the night time earlier than the inquest, “pondering that I wasn’t going to return to Australia.”
“But to be there gave me that closure, and I really feel on the finish of the inquest once I appeared the household within the eye and apologized, I felt a reference to Jacintha’s daughter, and I might see that she knew I did not take that joke as a joke,” she mentioned.
You can watch the complete interview right here:
SEE ALSO: Insiders reveal what it’s really like to work for the royal family, saying that even with access to ‘the best cars, yachts, and restaurants’ the Queen has to offer, there are still ‘pressure cooker scenarios’